THINGS THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO ME
Reading the Great Books, the Classics:
- developing a fine library for study and reference.
Teaching advanced studies in Theology:
- leading deep, challenging, hence controversial, seminars and classes
- promoting fidelity to the Baptist heritage and rebuttal of Fundamentalism
- collection and use of file material to support my teaching and writing.
Writing and Publishing Books and Papers:
- use of handout materials in classes and for general distribution.
Promoting Political Liberalism and World Federalism:
- taking part in United Nations meetings, education, and advocacy in order to make the world a better place
- supporting Amnesty International in combating human rights violations.
Engaging in Religious Activism:
- promoting meetings and publications of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
- defining church polity, organization, and activities
- engaging in benevolent visitation for my church
- going on mission trips for my church.
Preserving personal Memories and Activities:
- creating scrapbooks and photo albums.
Promoting Family Togetherness:
- drawing the family together in all kinds of activities
- inviting them to attend classes and functions in which I am engaged - so they can know me better.
Enjoying eclectic Entertainment:
- viewing movies or plays of all types
- eating foods of all types. Richard L. Atkins